Sheer linen curtains are an excellent choice for homeowners who want the benefits of sheer fabrics without sacrificing too much light. They can come in a wide range of colors, which allow you to customize your sheer curtain options to the needs of your home. Fitting and blending in with many styles and looks, linen curtains are able to update or wholly transform the look of your living room. Let’s look more in to the benefits of sheer linen curtains.
Sheer linen curtains – pros and benefits
Most of the feeling that something is new or fresh (in your home) can stem from the simple fact that more light can enter the room. How to add more light you may ask? White linen curtains or tie-top linen curtains of bright colors come to mind. Overall, sheer linen curtains are an excellent choice to add more light because sheer fabrics don’t block or absorb too much of it, making any space seem brighter and lighter.
Benefits of sheer linen curtains (in addition to allowing more natural light in) include:
– They are lightweight. This means that they are easy to drape over your window, even if it is a bit snug. The linen draping will eventually stretch out somewhat with use.
– Linen curtains are moisture resistant. This means that any rain or snow that strikes the outside of your curtain won’t penetrate into your living room.
Choose from a broad range of colors to add character
Mix and match two different colors for a majorly positive impact.
For example, green linen curtains are perfect for small living rooms with yellow or yellow-ish walls because green is the complementary color of yellow. If you want to keep the green but amp up the color factor, try adding some green accessories and spreading them across the living room in addition to these green curtains!
In the same way, blue linen curtains can be combined with the other elements in the room, such as cushions, paintings or similar decor pieces. This will allow you to bring out the best in your interior design.
How to blend linen in your living room?
Linen is known for its unique texture – the weave, and feel. It simply looks luxurious and feels the same when you touch it!
If you want to take advantage of the linen look in your house, and are hooked on the idea of revamping the look of your living room with linen curtains, here are some tips that may help you:
- You can also add linen curtains to an all-white living room or a room that is decorated with neutral colors. The linen curtains will elegantly blend in and create a welcoming ambiance, making you and/or your guests feel comfortable.
- Choose linen curtains that suit the size of the living room, don’t over-do it
- If you have a small living room and would like to add linen elements just for decoration purposes, then you should pick linen panel curtains instead of a whole one. This way you can keep linen elements in your living room without having to worry that it may look overcrowded.